Volunteers are Essential to the Success of the EYC Foundation!
Many of the activities coordinated by the Foundation would not be possible without our many devoted volunteers. We invite you to join our volunteer team. Whether you can devote a few hours, a day or even more, your time and energy will help the Foundation to meet our mission.
Our volunteer needs are varied and can be found in more detail under specific Participate tabs. Here we just touch on our general needs:
- Marine & Maritime Scholarships - research opportunities for internships, summer placements and post-high school training in the marine trades
- Boat owners (sail and power) are needed to take 4th and 5th graders on the water as part of our Science, Sailing and Boating Initiative
- Science Station Assistants and Field Trip Coaches are needed for our Science, Sailing and Boating Initiative
- Exhibitors, committee members and event-day set-up assistants are needed for the annual Marine and Maritime Career Fair
- Grant writers and administrators are needed to help increase our funding capabilities
- Computer talent both in data-base maintenance and web communication is always needed